Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Naming Our School

I have been thinking for the past couple of hours about what we could name our homeschool. You know, for when we want to incorporate a mascot and for our letterhead. Well, maybe it is really because I didn't feel like teaching today and this was a good way to waste some time. Yep.

Anyway, while searching the web for some inspiration I came across this website that has a school name generator. Try it out, it was fun and entertaining.

Some of my favorite names from that generator:
The Useful Prep School of Weird Children - This one probably describes most schools, public and private, because aren't all children just a bit weird. It gave me a chuckle. Then I saw The Freaky Boarding School of Beautiful Education. I don't have anything to add to that, it is a pretty great name, haha. Another name I enjoyed because it is basically exactly what a homeschool is, that is The Complete Boarding School. But my absolute favorite was The Over-Whelmed School, this encompasses everything about our school right now. I doubt that will ever change.

So other than something simple like School, I cannot think of anything real catchy to name our school. What are your ideas? If you homeschool and named your school, what is your name? 

The more I think about it, I might just name it The Experiment.

~Lisa

2 comments:

  1. I have no ideas either. BUT a wise friend of mine told me to make sure it sounds like a 'real' school--something your kids will be happy to have on their diploma someday, but something that also encompasses who you are as a family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So The Useful Prep School of Weird Children should probably be what we choose, because they are their father's children. ;) These are the hard decisions we make as homeschool moms, haha.

      Delete