Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Weight For It

Oh the never ending battle with weight that most Americans are fighting. Too much yummy processed foods thrown in our faces and not near enough "time" to be physically active. As a part of our getting healthier plan, Sweet man and I have started the infamous 3 Day Diet this morning. After 3 days we will then, hopefully, start eating an overall healthier diet. We have all heard it a million times: It is not about dieting, it is about a life change. Change the foods we eat, change the level of our activity, and probably most important is to change our outlook on those two things. 

I mentioned to my husband that I was thinking about blogging on our weight loss goals and he was all for it. Let me just say though, that we are putting this out there for positive encouragement. We do not want that negative kind, you know what I am talking about. But if you are close to us and can offer an uplifting word every now and again, it would be much appreciated.

So the nitty gritty of it. The man's overall goal is to lose 162 pounds! This blows my mind because I have never seen him at his goal weight, but I am excited to help him reach that goal. My overall goal is to lose 25 pounds, this will put me below my 'pre-you babies made me gain weight' weight. My first goal will be the 15 pounds I need to lose to get to pre-baby #2. 

I am quite confident that just eating healthier will go a long ways in this struggle for both of us! When you really stop and think about all the junk we put in our bodies it should disgust us, but they make most of it taste so good that we don't think about the gross effect. Hmmm, so similar to the sin problem, isn't it?!? If sinful activity wasn't initially 'fun', most of us would not even come close to it. Just one little snippet about sin from the Bible:
Hebrews 11:24-26 (ESV) By faith Moses, when he was grown up, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter, choosing rather to be mistreated with the people of God than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. He considered the reproach of Christ greater wealth than the treasures of Egypt, for he was looking to the reward.
If you care to follow along with us as we bumble along, I will try to occasionally update on our progress.

Have a fabulous day. If we cross paths soon and I seem grumpy, it is because I have not had any soda since July 29th. You've been warned.

~Lisa

4 comments:

  1. You guys will do great! Just remember the first month is the roughest...so if you can make it 30 days in a row at something...it will stick. What works for me is never bending the rules too much. If I allow myself a cheat day then I fall off the wagon, but if i just do a little tiny bit and account for it...then everything works out great. But abstinence is best in this situation. Abstain from those sweet drinks. I love the crystal light selection...and they are not too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great advice! Thank you. :) I have never been fond of cheat days either. A cheat meal every now and then is one thing, but a whole cheat day is just too much encouragement to completely fall off the wheel.

      Delete
  2. So good you are working together to do this before you have any major health challenges. I recently read that sugar is more addictive than cocaine. So, if you have already cut out soft drinks then you've already made a great start! God bless. ~Karen Roper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are only 2 days into no sodas, haha, but we are surviving so far. :) I have not heard that before about sugar vs. cocaine, amazing isn't it?

      Delete