Thursday, May 23, 2013

While I Slept

I think someone broke into our house last night. Scary to think that someone would break in and clean the living room and bathroom and do a load of laundry while I was peacefully asleep in the other room.

What a pleasant surprise it was to wake up this morning and see a cleaned living room and bathroom! Apparently while I slept last night my sweet husband decided to spoil me. He also steam cleaned the floors. How awesome is that!?!

Obviously not a thief, though he did steal my heart! "Awwwww" ;)

Okay, so if you are a normal woman, you've got to know what crossed my mind... 'See, proof that I'm a terrible house keeper! My husband stayed awake at night to clean for me, how terrible is that?!?' 'Seriously, can I not do anything right?' 'He must think I am the laziest woman in the world.' And my favorite, 'Hmmm, I wonder if he will clean the kitchen tonight?'

But I am not going to let my mind stay there, instead I will be grateful to have such a thoughtful and loving husband and I'll enjoy my freshly steamed floors.

Hope your morning has started out as wonderful as mine!

My goals today are to get that vapor rub out of oldest child's hair, love on my sweet girls, and figure out a yummy dinner. Do you have any wonderful plans for your day?

~Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Could have been elves, you know. :) --Lea Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, elves are always welcome in my house!

      Delete
  2. My "love language" is acts of service and those kinds of things mean more to me than dozens of roses or any other gift my husband could give me. Way to go J.J.!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my love language too. He's a smart boy most of the time.

      Delete