Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Weighing Us Down

You know how when you are not doing so well with a task or goal that you do not really want to talk about it? Yeah, so, I'm sure you can imagine why we've been pretty quiet about our weight loss lately. But I do believe we are back on track. (fingers crossed)

Our latest weigh in has mixed reviews. Sweet man is up by about 12 pounds from his start weight back in August and I am down by about 5 pounds. So good and bad. We still struggle with doing well during the week and then going off plan on the weekends. Just have to get a handle on that and I am sure it will help tremendously is getting us to our goals.

Good news! We started Weight Watchers last week. We both like it so far. There is definitely a learning process that goes along with Weight Watchers and we are slowly getting it. I love how it forces us to keep track of what we are eating each day and how there is a place to keep track of our daily physical activity. Even if we go off plan and have a bad day, we still record it and hope to make up for it with extra activity points throughout the week. I'm praying this is the program that will work for us so we can get ourselves healthy!

Oh, the no soda thing, well I haven't been doing so well on that. I have managed to not start drinking it on a regular basis like I was before, but I still drink some ever now and again.

So to recap our weight goals, the man now wants to lose 174 and I have lost 5 of the 25 I want to lose. I read The Little Engine That Could to sweet girl the other day, and, well, all I have to say is "We can do it!". We can and we will.

~Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love Weight Watchers. That site that I told you about before (Emily Bites) has the WW points calculated for you and the recipes are really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Me thinks I will be visiting that site a lot in the future. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to give up my Dr. Pepper and diet too. It is so hard. I like counting points with WW too but don't keep up with it well. Share that website with me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is hard! But I am sure it is worth it, right? :)
      http://www.emilybites.com/
      I also like this one for when eating out: http://www.justdietnow.com/points-for-restaurants.html

      Delete