Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Becoming a Hendrix

I have always thought about blogging but never really figured anyone would read it. Now I realize that may be a good thing. ;) So here we go with my first ever blog post....

I should start by introducing myself. My name is Lisa Hendrix and I have been married to the sweet J.J. Hendrix for almost 11 months (in 2 more days). You may be wondering (doubtful, but who knows?) how this whole 'becoming a Hendrix' thing started. It all started in the summer of 2008. J.J. had recently started going to school with my brother at the Brown Trail School of Preaching. For some strange reason that he'll have to tell, he decided he wanted to get to know me without ever even meeting me. (this makes me smile) So on Sunday, August 3, 2008 he sends me a request to be friends on Facebook. I had heard about him and thought he sounded interesting, so I accepted and sent him a message the next morning. For the next 2 days we messaged each other constantly through FB and then on that Tuesday he called me, we went out to lunch on Wednesday, the circus on Friday, and have never been apart since. It didn't take long at all to realize that we were falling for each other! Over the next few months we met each other's families, fell more in love with each other, and in November he popped the question. I officially became a Hendrix on June 20, 2009.

Now this all happened very fast, even in our eyes, but it just seemed (and still does) right. It is amazing how God provides. I will continue to thank our Father for bringing J.J. into my life and for allowing us to become husband and wife. Not to outdo ourselves or anything, but a few months after getting married we decided that if God wanted us to be parents that we were ready. And it wasn't but a couple weeks later that I took my first at-home pregnancy test and just stood there saying "No Way!" about a million times. J.J. asks, "what does it say?", I respond "no way!", he asks, "so how do you feel about it?", I respond, "no way!". This continued on for about 10 minutes. So here we are, married for 11 months and expecting our first child on August 3, 2010. What is truly amazing about it, to us at least, is our baby girl is due 2 years to the day from the day J.J. and I were "friended" on FB. :) Yes, we're sappy like that.

~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment