Tuesday, May 25, 2010

30 Weeks

Today I feel as though I have reached a milestone. I am 30 weeks pregnant. That means I am 3/4 of the way there, with only 10 more weeks to go. Of course, there is no way of knowing when Sweet Baby A will choose to make her appearance into this world! All I hope and pray for is that when she does choose to be born that she will be strong and healthy, and will go easy on mommy here! :)

So for the past 30 weeks, A's daddy and I have prayed, hoped, and dreamed about what is to come for us. I know we will continue to pray, hope, and dream about what type of person she will turn out to be, what kind of choices she will make, and what kind of impact she will have on others until we draw our last breaths. The responsibility we now have of nurturing and mentoring a young precious soul is so very overwhelming at times. Even with that overwhelming feeling, I take comfort in knowing that our Lord will help us to raise her in a way that He desires as long as we continue to desire and strive to do His will. Many wonderful Christian parents have raised their children in the Lord and their children have turned out to be great workers in the Kingdom. I am so blessed to have been a product of strong Christian parents and am thankful to have my mom as an example of what I hope to be as a mother!

Approximately 10 weeks left to prepare myself for this awesome job I have to do! 10 weeks to pray. 10 weeks to dream. 10 weeks to reflect. 10 weeks to love. 10 weeks until we begin a lifetime of the same.

~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment